Contact Me

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

get me President Bush on the phone

If Olmert's right, what kind of special friend are they? If he's blowing smoke and lying to everyone's face, what kind of friend are they??

If we'd cut our ties with Israel, I'd be willing to bet our risk for a terrorist attack would be down at least- what's the lowest level? - purple? It'd be a lot lower than now, when we are best friends with a loose cannon, literally.

Rice shame-faced by Bush over UN Gaza vote: Olmert
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gD-QcI_C-CrcqfSZBh6A5_e514Zw

Admin Won’t Contradict Olmert Claim on Ceasefire
http://www.democracynow.org/2009/1/14/headlines#8

"In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council, we did not want her to vote in favour," Olmert said.

"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn't care. 'I need to talk to him now'. He got off the podium and spoke to me.

"I told him the United States could not vote in favour. It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favour."


Maybe we don’t want to admit it, but this seems more in line with history than our backpedaling response- "oh, that was the plan all along."

No comments:

Post a Comment