Contact Me

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

comment on the FWD posts

Some people might think all or most of these forwards are pretty loony. That's good. That's progress, I guess. Sadly, when I received them around 9/11/01 through the run up to the Iraq invasion, people were forwarding these things like mad, posting them on message boards, echoing the sentiments, etc. I read these things and the reactions to them with almost as much shock as when I heard the first WTC tower had been hit.

So I apologize if I don't get out my biggest American flag and wave it a fit of patriotic fervor when I'm supposed to. A recent forward urges us to "Take a moment to think back to how you felt on 9/11 and let those sentiments guide you." I heard internment camps advocated a few times during the week after- no joke. I didn't really think that could happen today (didn't think it was impossible, either), but I didn't think we'd actually attack Iraq, either. Please don't let those and the ones in these emails ever guide you!

It disgusts me every time I look back to that day. I was horrified by the event, but I was almost as horrified by our response.


No comments:

Post a Comment