Edit: I apologize as well for not telling you what this post is about! There was a murder of a Hamas man in Dubai. About 4 actually did the deed. Apparently a cloud of 6-12 Israeli dual citizens have fake passport troubles (and may have helped in surveillance and other ways) in relation to this case.
Several birds, one stone
(Interesting and plausible idea that Israel is trying to provoke militants- Israel can claim they weren’t involved in this and so the attack would be “unprovoked” – little, tiny, innocent Israel remains the eternal victim)
I wonder what the US response to this blow up will be? Hmm…
A) Not our problem. No comment. We’ve got an economic crisis to take care of.
(Look how little was done about the non-violent American protester, Rachel Corrie, the IDF killed, not to mention we can't really criticize the extra judicial killing of people we deem terror suspects given our current foreign entanglements)
B) Nothing publicly, but to Israel we tell them they’d better keep this stuff more secret because it has the potential to make us look really bad (like they care- we always assume they do)
C) A public statement that our position remains that both sides must take (keep taking) steps to achieve peace.
Mossad has to be responsible. They have targeted political leaders and those working on a peace deal for murder in the past. Look at who the victim is. Not exactly spotless. There's no question Mossad is involved.
Evidence is also said to point to a "European hit squad." I guess it could be a weapons deal gone wrong, but a Palestinian in weapons has an Israeli target on the back of his head from day 1. Israel will know where he is and want him dead, so I have no doubt that Mossad offed him. Intervening or aiding a weapons deal gone wrong would have provided the perfect cover, but the ID theft thing appears to be the cover. The independent European hit squad is highly questionable. I think either Mossad is the European hit squad, they formed the hit squad or they teamed up with them to do this hit. The Mossad has a hand (or at least a listening device) in everything.
Some will think I've lost it for saying Mossad is everywhere and sayanim help them stay (or appear) inside the law. It sounds unreal and conspiratorial, I know. If you’ve read anything about past Mossad operations, though, Ostrovsky’s book or accounts of Mossad encounters from US government officials, you’ll know I’m not delusional!
Here are a few ideas for possible explanations I had when I read about the faked passports:
- The ID theft victims are sayanim and actually volunteered their old passports
- Members of the stolen identity victims’ families are sayanim and gave passports without the knowledge of the ID theft victims
- Mossad stole dual citizens’ (old?) passports
- If the identity theft victims are actually involved (Mossad ends up being not as amateur as they are looking) with Mossad in more than just a sayanim or helper capacity.
Here are my ideas on …
Why Mossad got caught:
- They aren’t as good as they used to be in the pre-1980s era
- They wanted to be caught on camera for some reason (i.e. to help with an ID theft conviction )
- They don’t care if they’re caught because, honestly, no one can or will really do anything about it
- It’s harder to fake passports than it used to be
- The ID theft victims are actually involved somehow, but that’s how the Mossad plans to get out of trouble- let some (possibly disgruntled or less than perfect) agents take the fall for ID theft rather than admit to being caught assassinating another Palestinian political or military “target” without charge or trial and committing illegal acts on foreign soil.
Several of the ID theft victims have spoken to the media. Laying the groundwork for the ID theft story. I wonder if what they say will shed any light on the situation. Probably not. They'll get whacked if they say anything useful. Or suffer the fate of Mordecai Vanunu.
Melvyn Adam Mildiner is widely mentioned and quoted:
"I don't know how this happened or who chose my name or why, but hopefully we'll find out soon,"
There are apparently at least 3 other dual citizens in Mildiner’s position: Michael Lawrence Barney and Stephen Hodes.
My blog posts about Israel spying and assassinating and such:
A Mossad hit from two years ago- not sure I wrote about this one:
You may remember other Mossad antics:
Lillehammer- oops we extra-judicially assassinated the wrong guy
The New Zealand passport debacle. NZ took it harder than the US does.
Israeli "art students" who got caught on Capitol Hill snooping in classified material. Oops.