Contact Me

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Morning funny: Judith Miller assaulting Assange ?


I just heard this this morning, but I think it's old news. Good stuff nonetheless.

Judith Miller criticizing Assange. Funny stuff. The very definition of the pot calling the kettle black!

Assange "...didn't care at all about attempting to verify the information that he was putting out or determine whether or not it would hurt anyone."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thecutline/20110104/ts_yblog_thecutline/judy-miller-responds-to-criticism-over-assange-slight


Hmmm. Why does this seem familiar? Bad reporting on WMD and exposing Valerie Plame?

I guess she verified all of that and made sure it didn't hurt anyone, so we're good. Never mind that she was very wrong and she did.

She leaves us with this inspiring statement in the Yahoo article that should clear up all of her inconsistencies:

"Whatever I have to say I shall say at the time and place of my choosing," Miller said.


Everyone else has to answer to her, then? ;)

***


Here's Democracy Now's headline:

Question: "Why is he a bad journalist?"

Judith Miller: "Because he didn’t care at all about attempting to verify the information that he was putting out, or determine whether or not it would hurt anyone."

Miller once said, "My job isn’t to assess the government’s information and be an independent intelligence analyst myself. My job is to tell readers of the New York Times what the government thought about Iraq’s arsenal."


http://www.democracynow.org/2011/1/3/headlines



No comments:

Post a Comment