Contact Me

Monday, October 3, 2011

teaching hate

I saw someone searched for "Hebrew slogans" on my blog, and I have a relevant addition. People love to flash those pics of Palestinian kids with guns and camo and say how hate is taught. No one tends to believe that Jewish children either are taught or learn the same things from their parents.

I'm reading Raja Shehadeh's When the Birds Stop Singing and he talks about Jewish school children being required to write soldiers notes of encouragement as writing exercises, like I remember writing the President as a class exercise in 1st grade. 

Some say Palestinians corner the market on teaching hate, but the Jewish children wrote things like:
  • *kill as many Arabs as possible
  • *for me kill at least 10
  • *ignore the laws and spray them



 see also:
The myth of incitement in Palestinian textbooks
http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article3923.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment